Partnerships are the key to the success of An Achievable Dream.
We call the students of An Achievable Dream “Dreamers.” But, Dreamers encompass more than our students. Dreamers include:
- The dedicated teachers, staff and administrators
- Political leaders
- And most importantly, parents, grandparents and guardians
An Achievable Dream is a program designed not only for students, but also for their families — our most valuable partners, because they help us keep the dream alive.
Community and Corporate Partners
- Business Community of Hampton Roads
- City of Newport News
- City of Virginia Beach
- Newport News Police Department
- Newport News Public Schools
- Newport News Sheriff’s Department
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- Rotary Club of the Virginia Peninsula
- The College of William & Mary
- Thomas Nelson Community College
- U.S. Army at Fort Eustis
- U.S. Navy at NAS Oceana and Dam Neck
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools
What it Takes
At An Achievable Dream Middle & High School, corporate partners participate in the “What it Takes” program, designed to expose our students to career paths while teaching the skills needed to succeed in the workforce. Employees from our corporate partners volunteer in the classroom and Dreamers tour facilities to learn first-hand about the companies.