An Achievable Dream is a nonprofit organization with a unique structure and goal: we partner with public school districts in Newport News, Virginia Beach, and Henrico County, Virginia to co-operate schools in primarily under-served communities, providing additional resources to level the playing field for students.
We develop independent, productive citizens through a social, academic, and moral education.
To bring equity to education by providing opportunities for success in school and life.
- Belief- We believe that all children can achieve their dreams.
- Equity- We are committed to providing students with equitable access to resources and opportunities.
- Whatever It Takes - We will do "whatever it takes" to ensure our students succeed.
- Partnerships - We value collaboration with our partners: school divisions, businesses, colleges and universities, military, law enforcement, first responders, health systems, local and municipal governments, and nonprofits.
- Relationships - We prioritize relationships with students, families, donors, partners, and each other based on respect, connection, and trust. Our relationships are authentic and purposeful.
- Continuous Improvement - We are data-driven, employing rigorous and ongoing evaluation, and we prioritize professional development and innovation.
- Systemic Impact - We work toward long-term community impact. We are focused on hope for our students' futures.
- Organizational Integrity - We emphasize skilled management and a customer-service mindset. We work with integrity and we are intentional about accountability. We focus on results, data governance, and board governance. We strive for financial sustainability.