An Achievable Dream Endowment
An endowment is an investment fund of donated assets. Generally, the principal is kept intact and the investment income is used for charitable needs. This allows for the endowment to grow and fund the mission in perpetuity. Your gift to the endowment can help support Dreamers now and for many years to come. Our endowment consists of two separate investment portfolios:
- The Achievable Dream Endowment Portfolio exists to support any liquidity needs that relate to operations
- The Achievable Dream Scholarship Portfolio consists of funds invested to pay for college scholarships for our alumni
Our endowment investments are professionally managed in high-quality and diversified portfolios allowing for strong investment returns while being mindful of risk and volatility.
Founder’s Hope Circle
In honor of An Achievable Dream (AAD) founder, Walter S. Segaloff’s extraordinary life of service and dedication to providing a better future for ALL students, AAD is proud to establish the Founder’s Hope Circle for supporters who arrange an endowment gift of any amount to sustain An Achievable Dream into the future.
- Giving to the endowment provides a solid foundation that can result in annual streams of income that help sustain the organization in perpetuity and ensure all of the components of our program can forever be kept intact. This foundation of financial strength allows AAD to focus more time on our mission and students.
- Every year you will receive information on what your gift provided for our students and alumni.
- This is your opportunity to impact students now, as well as generations of students to come, right here in the community you care about. Your legacy of making a difference will live on forever, inspiring your friends and loved ones.
Plan Your Gift
For questions about Endowment giving, contact Lee Vreeland at 757-599-9472 or email@example.com.
Part of Your Story
We know that supporting Dreamers is meaningful to you, and when you make a gift to the Endowment, we want to make sure you know how valuable your gift is. Each year, we will provide you with information about the impact of your philanthropy. We want you to see the difference that you are making in the lives of our Dreamers. In addition, your gift can be designated for either our Newport News or Virginia Beach locations. No matter which you choose, your gift will create a better future for the communities we call home.
Plan an Endowment gift today and join the Founder’s Hope Circle for supporters who arrange a legacy gift of any amount to sustain An Achievable Dream into the future!
Click Here to View An Achievable Dream Endowment Board of Directors
Types of Planned Gifts
- A gift of cash.
- A gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds.
- A gift of real estate.
- A gift of life insurance policy that designates AAD as a beneficiary.
- A gift of IRA or other retirement fund that designates AAD as a beneficiary.
- A bequest in your will or trust.
- A distribution from your donor-advised fund.
- A charitable gift annuity.
- A charitable remainder trust.
AAD Founder, Walter S. Segaloff
One of Walter’s most cherished core values was hope. He created an organization that made a difference in the lives of the students and families it served by providing hope. Every day, he worked to ensure that AAD was equipped to continue providing experiences, opportunities, tools and resources for students to achieve and succeed. Providing hope for the future guided Walter, and it guides An Achievable Dream today as we carry Walter’s mission and vision forward.
Founder’s Hope Circle Members
Recognizing those who have arranged a legacy gift of any amount to sustain An Achievable Dream into the future.
|An Achievable Dream Endowment Fund of the Peninsula Community Foundation||Mr. and Mrs. Marvin S. Friedberg||Dr. and Mrs. Stephen A. Levin|
|Anonymous (2)||Mr. and Mrs. Craig A. Grube||Ms. Frances Luter|
|Mr. and Mrs. Rhae W. Adams, Jr.||Hampton Roads Toyota Dealers Association||Men For Hope|
|Bank of America||Ms. Kim Hannah||Ms. Amy Paschold|
|Charles Barker||Mr. and Mrs. Norman C.* and Linda Hardee||PRA Group|
|The Batten Fund for An Achievable Dream Virginia Beach of the Hampton Roads Community Foundation||Mr. and Mrs. Jay Klebanoff||Mr. and Mrs. William D. Sessoms, Jr.|
|Mr. and Mrs. Bruce A. Berlin||Ms. Ann Lane||Michael and Becky Sifen|
|Mrs. Joan P. Brock||Ms. Brittany Lavalleur||Mr. Jeffrey M. Silverman|
|L. Cornell Burcher* Endowed Scholarship Fund||Stephen Leaman Family in memory of Miss Gill Leaman||Mr. and Mrs. Timothy J. Stiffler|
|Dr. Denise R. Chamblee and Dr. Gary A. Tanner||Mr. Eugene* and Mrs. Betty Levin||Mr. and Mrs. James H. Tanner|
|Chick’s for Charity||Dr. David M. Levin and Dr. Beth E. Levin||Lee Vreeland, Ed.D.|
|Fredrickson Family Foundation||Ms. Nancy L. Levin|
Have you arranged a planned or legacy gift to An Achievable Dream in your estate or financial planning and wish to be included on this list? Let us know! Please complete the Declaration of Intent form and return it to Brittany Lavalleur, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planned Giving Professional Advisory Committee
|Beth Moore, CPA, Beth Moore & Associates, CPAs||Lindsey Carney, Attorney, Managing Partner, Patten, Wornom, Hatten & Diamonstein|
|Dwight West, Senior Vice President, Gateway Insurance Services||D. Nathan Johnson, CPFA, CFP®, CIMA®, Senior Vice President,|
Wealth Management Advisor, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
|Jeff Silverman, Partner, Summit Group of Virginia, LLP||Neal Brodsky, Attorney, NB Law Group, PLLC|
|Eva Fernandez, Merrill Lynch|
The Walter S. Segaloff Society
Established to recognize those who have cumulatively given $500,000 or more, the Walter S. Segaloff Society honors the commitment made by long-time supporters of An Achievable Dream. Click here to learn more about the Walter S. Segaloff Society and how you can become a member of the Society.