An Achievable Dream Endowment
An endowment is an investment fund of donated assets. Generally, the principal is kept intact and the investment income is used for charitable needs. This allows for the endowment to grow and fund the mission in perpetuity. Your gift to the endowment can help support Dreamers now and for many years to come. Our endowment consists of two separate investment portfolios:
- The Achievable Dream Endowment Portfolio exists to support any liquidity needs that relate to operations
- The Achievable Dream Scholarship Portfolio consists of funds invested to pay for college scholarships for our alumni
Our endowment investments are professionally managed in high-quality and diversified portfolios allowing for strong investment returns while being mindful of risk and volatility.
Founder’s Hope Society
In honor of An Achievable Dream (AAD) founder, Walter S. Segaloff’s extraordinary life of service and dedication to providing a better future for ALL students, AAD is proud to establish the Founder’s Hope Society for supporters who arrange an endowment gift of any amount to sustain An Achievable Dream into the future.
- Giving to the endowment provides a solid foundation that can result in annual streams of income that help sustain the organization in perpetuity and ensure all of the components of our program can forever be kept intact. This foundation of financial strength allows AAD to focus more time on our mission and students.
- Every year you will receive information on what your gift provided for our students and alumni.
- This is your opportunity to impact students now, as well as generations of students to come, right here in the community you care about. Your legacy of making a difference will live on forever, inspiring your friends and loved ones.
Plan Your Gift
For questions about Endowment giving, contact Lee Vreeland at 757-599-9472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part of Your Story
We know that supporting Dreamers is meaningful to you, and when you make a gift to the Endowment, we want to make sure you know how valuable your gift is. Each year, we will provide you with information about the impact of your philanthropy. We want you to see the difference that you are making in the lives of our Dreamers. In addition, your gift can be designated for either our Newport News or Virginia Beach locations. No matter which you choose, your gift will create a better future for the communities we call home.
Plan an Endowment gift today and join the Founder’s Hope Society for supporters who arrange a legacy gift of any amount to sustain An Achievable Dream into the future!
Types of Planned Gifts
- A gift of cash.
- A gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds.
- A gift of real estate.
- A gift of life insurance policy that designates AAD as a beneficiary.
- A gift of IRA or other retirement fund that designates AAD as a beneficiary.
- A bequest in your will or trust.
- A distribution from your donor-advised fund.
- A charitable gift annuity.
- A charitable remainder trust.
AAD Founder, Walter S. Segaloff
One of Walter’s most cherished core values was hope. He created an organization that made a difference in the lives of the students and families it served by providing hope. Every day, he worked to ensure that AAD was equipped to continue providing experiences, opportunities, tools and resources for students to achieve and succeed. Providing hope for the future guided Walter, and it guides An Achievable Dream today as we carry Walter’s mission and vision forward.
Founder’s Hope Society
The Founder’s Hope Society recognizes supporters who arrange a legacy gift of any amount to sustain An Achievable Dream into the future.
|Founder’s Hope Society Members Coming Soon!|
The Walter S. Segaloff Circle
Supporters who give or pledge a cumulative amount of $500,000 or more are recognized as members of the Walter S. Segaloff Society, joining with Walter’s vision of making a difference for children right here in our community. Society members are making an investment in the future, providing tools and resources such as our unique SAME (Social, Academic, and Moral Education) framework, extensive field trips and clubs, uniforms, extracurricular experiences, internships, soft-skills training, and much more. Most importantly, you provide hope.
Your generosity, coupled with Walter’s vision, is changing the future of our community.
Ways to join the Walter S. Segaloff Circle include:
- Establishing a repeating donation.
- Contributing to the Annual Fund.
- Sponsoring a student.
- Sponsoring a classroom.
- Sponsoring a graduating class.
- Contributions to the endowment.
- Donating high-value auction items to annual galas, the Tennis Ball and A Night to Dream.
Walter S. Segaloff Circle (Cumulative Giving of $500,000 and Above)
The Walter S. Segaloff Circle recognizes those who have provided life-changing support to Dreamers by contributing or pledging a cumulative amount of $500,000 or more to An Achievable Dream.
|Mr. and Mrs. Charles A. Banks, III||Hall Automotive||Pomoco|
|The Batten Fund for An Achievable Dream Virginia Beach of the Hampton Roads Community Foundation||Hampton Roads Community Foundation||Riverside Health System|
|Bay Electric Company, Inc.||Mr. and Mrs. Norman C.* and Linda M. Hardee||Mr. and Mrs. Michael Petters|
|Busch Gardens||Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Hughes||Sentara Health Foundation|
|C. D. West and Company Real Estate||Huntington Ingalls Industries — Newport News Shipbuilding||Smithfield Foods, Inc.|
|Casey Auto Group||Mr. and Mrs. Aubrey L. Layne, Jr.||The Beazley Foundation|
|Charles Barker Automotive||Mr. Eugene* and Mrs. Betty Levin||The Landmark Foundation|
|Checkered Flag||Ms. Nancy L. Levin||The Perry Family Foundation|
|Chesapeake Bay Seafood House Associates, LLC||Ms. Frances Luter||The Rotary Club of the Virginia Peninsula|
|Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.||Mr. Joseph W. Luter, IV||TowneBank|
|First Team Automotive||Mancon, LLC||Virginia Department of Education|
|Mr. and Mrs. Marvin S. Friedberg||City of Newport News||W.M. Jordan Company|
|Great Atlantic Management||Newport Management Company|